08 April 2012

Come Awake


I can't let Easter escape without writing about the good news. 

It's one of my favorite weekends. I mourn in my Savior's death on Friday with a five-hour-long service, bowing to him in mercy 105 times. It tears me apart inside; I hate thinking that He had to dies for me but like my GLOW girls said, if He didn't die for us, we wouldn't have Him now. (They're smart.) 
No matter how much I grieve I can't let the weekend pass without recommitting to Him. 

It's easy to get caught up in the moment, in the excitement, in the past. So much harder to look to the empty tomb and know you don't have an excuse anymore. 
Take up your cross! Start living for His glory, because He is risen! 

The victory is ours to celebrate and to celebrate everyday! 

Let no one caught in sin remain
Inside the lie of inward shame
We fix our eyes upon the eyes upon the cross
And run to Him who showed great love
And bled for us
Freely, you bled for us 

Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the grave!

Christ is risen the dead
We are one with Him again
Come awake, come awake 
Come and rise up from the grave!

No comments:

Post a Comment