17 October 2011

Under His Wings AKA: All for some cake balls.

I was in my first car accident on Thursday. It was pretty bad-- the airbags deployed and my car door barely opened. I was shocked and shaking. I feel bad for the policemen who had to make out words through my tears. I definitely do not wish this experience on anyone. You know those moments that people call milestones...this isn't one of them. No sir. What's even worse is the accident wasn't worth the trip! I was out to go pick up cake balls. CAKE BALLS.


I will never look at that dessert the same again.

Physically, I managed to get away with just a couple of nicks and a fat lip (the airbag suckerpunched me).
But emotionally, I was (am) a wreck. I immediately jumped into guilty mode, little things have overwhelmed me and it's taken some time to get out of it. Until yesterday, I was completely down on myself, longing to hide from everything in some dark hole. Until yesterday, I realized that I didn't need a hole. I have His wings.

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge;in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. (Psalm 57:1)


Hope you can find shelter in His wings, whether its because of cake balls or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment