22 May 2010

Things I'll miss.

D.C. is now two weeks away and while much will happen in these fourteen days (including an unplanned trip to Canada), I've had the time to reflect on what I'll be missing here in TX.

--my parent's cooking. Really, nothing compares. For the most part, I don't have to help in cooking. Meaning a free meal. I just sit when they call e and pick from the display. Whatever my heart desires. I never take this for granted.
--Lucy's pups. Lucy, my dog, is pregnant. She shouldn't be. The dog was a stray chihuahua that somehow crawled through our fence, knocked up my precious min pin and then left. She's expecting anytime now, but realistically, I'm sure the pups will only be born after two weeks.
--my cousins' baby showers. After five years of weddings, the wedded couples are now having families. Both are having baby girls and sadly, I won't be here to celebrate over onesies, baby bibs, and those cute dresses they have for baby girls now.

Family is important to me, and being so far away is going to be hard.
Maybe the sights and sounds of D.C will make it easier to deal? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment