04 February 2013

My best friend's wedding







Do you remember your first movie?

My Best Friend's Wedding was mine. It was the beginning of my love affair with Julia Roberts and that guy with the scar (you know who I'm talking about). I was eight at the time and the movie was not appropriate, like most of my childhood firsts. But that's another post.  




This weekend was literally my best friend's wedding. It was nothing like the movie, though I wish we sang, "I say a little prayer for you." 




I continue to relive the occasion through Facebook by looking through pictures and remembering all the special moments. I hear that weddings go by so fast but this one moved at a precious pace. 


Family and friends absorbed the day in all its glory. And so did the bride and groom. 


These two are especially close to my heart. I can't explain why; I'm not the clingy type but for them, my heart is soft. They are also the reason I will move to Houston in the near future. ;-) 


I had the privilege of standing next to Maize when she said her vows, exchanged rings and worshipped the Lord for the blessing that is Jon and his family. It's a privilege I hope to share with her soon enough, too.




 

 

Now girls, I know I'm skipping something. And I'm hesitating including this in fear of getting labeled as an "overly attached friend." I was scared of losing her pre-wedding. But post wedding, I can tell you that I haven't lost my BFFer and our friendship is no different. 



The girls that lose their friends to their husbands sometimes lose them out of their own selfishness. Don't let that be you. Instead: 

Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 


Rest in His Peace and path for your life and rejoice in these times of celebration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment