18 February 2013

Weekend Recap

Oh, three-day weekend, you will always be loved.

It went by at a pace I can handle. The bro celebrated 23 years of life.

I've always been jealous of him.
He shares his birthday with one of the greatest men in the world.





My grandfather.
They were only 78 years apart.
Here we are. Pardon my hair... and outfit. Appachan (granddaddy to you) is holding my hand. I was always his favorite. He is missed greatly and the few moments I had with him will forever live in my memory. He's one of those people you want to go to Heaven for, you know?

It's been years since he passed, but it's one of those wounds that never fully heals. I rest in the hope I'll see him again soon.

So as you can imagine, my brother's birthday is a bittersweet celebration. But a celebration nonetheless.







The way the Mathew family celebrates

Tres Leches Cake. Frosting missing your mouth and smeared on your face instead. Love.




My brother and I are extremely close in age. We were each other's best friend and number one playmate growing up. That was until looking pretty became important to me and cars became important to him. Un-relatable. I call him an old soul. He looks and acts older than me and he's getting married next year, which makes me realize how grown up he really is. I love him a lot. Maybe too much.


But is there such a thing?

Tell me about your sibling bonds. What were you and your sibling  like? How does that translate into now?


No comments:

Post a Comment