25 May 2011

Hey God, what are you doing?

Post grad life has me up and down. I'm constantly either


or


with some of this in between...

Alright, now I'm just getting funny here.

With all seriousness, life hasn't exactly turned out the way I wanted it to in the last 5 months. I trying to deal but I'm often defeated and lacking motivation.

I'm looking to the Book for help and found this nifty --not really nifty; more like RAW--book, Habakkuk.
Short and sweet, Habakkuk is like -WTH God?!? He's real and overtly genuine. He tells God that He doesn't like what He's doing and respectfully asks God to respond to Him. God faithfully responds (I'm still getting through Habakkuk so pardon my too brief summary) and Habakkuk ends with this:

Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
GOD, the Lord, is my strength.

This is how I'm having to respond to my life situation right now. It's a challenge but I do find strength in remembering these words.

A great practice: Add your own words to this or any verse. It can make the verse easier to connect with and remember.




No comments:

Post a Comment