07 December 2011

Fighter


This is Ricky. He's a 6 month old min pin/chihuahua mix. A loveable and sweet, big-eared, the-size-of-your-lap kind of creature.

At the vet this morning, Ricky was growling at a dog that looked more or less like this-
Yep, that's a husky. And I'm pretty sure the one I saw this morning was bigger. The brother and I were amused that our 5 pound puppy thought he could take on this huge canine but even more so, I was impressed that Ricky was even bold enough to dare!

Bold enough to even make himself aware to the dog, that he was ready to defend whatever he was defending.

Ricky set a great example for the intimidated and fearful of sin. Who cares if I'm a tiny human of normal strength and potential? I have a God that will set me on his shoulders and fight.

Often times, we think God's choice to fight for us means we can back down. That we need to stand behind to let God take front and center. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the other way around. Because God is standing with us, ready to win the battle, we must stand tall. We have no reason to quiver in our boots. His power shows THROUGH us, not in spite of us.

Take God's presence that you can trust and plow through the sin that tempts, sneers and shows it teeth. Take a lesson from my pup; don't back down today!

 Do not fear or panic or be in dread of them, for the LORD your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory. (Deuteronomy 20:3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment