21 November 2011

In Joyful Expectancy

First off, I'm thankful to have friends that keep me honest, accountable to them and God and convict me of simple yet Godly truths. I'm thankful to have people to struggle and seek answers with! Like this one...

When was the last time I truly trusted the Lord with something? Something big, I mean. Something that I had no control over and no idea how it would turn out. I can tell you what I'm not fully entrusting in my God's hands--my future. I say I am in my prayers but as we know actions speak louder than words and for God--I'm sure they are coming in loud and clear. I can't trust you!

Now why am I scared of trusting God? As far as I can recall, He's been more than good to me, providing for me abundantly, giving me shelter from the rain and showering grace and mercy like it grew on trees.

Unlike other short term problems that had a vague shadow about them so I could somewhat make them out, this future issue just looks like a deep, dark hole.

 Really, I don't know understand how each mid-20 year old is not in therapy right now.

But I want to turn my cringing thoughts about the things unseen into joyful ones. I want to be able to genuinely say that I anticipate the work of the Lord in my life! This takes work but with much discipline and accountability, this will be a reality. Not because I'm saying it will but because God has made it very clear that this is His will. For all of us!


My life is on the ups right now but that only means that a storm is up ahead. I'm ready to see what he has for me as I have no greater want than to see his purpose to completion.

I wait in joyful expectation.

"For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

No comments:

Post a Comment