07 August 2012

Wash it off with some Peace.

I just spent 40 minutes on Facebook (doing nothing but stalking all of you) and making myself anxious!
I gently (threw) my laptop on the floor and flipped to this in my devotional.

I needed this so much.

Understanding will never bring you peace. That's why I've instructed you to trusting in Me, not in your understanding. Human beings have a voracious appetite for trying to figure things out, in order to gain a sense of mastery over their lives. But the world present you with an endless series of problems. As soon as you master one set, another pops up to challenge you. The relief you had anticipated is short-lived. Soon your mind is gearing up again: searching for understanding (mastery), instead of seeking Me (your Master)...
My Peace is not an elusive goal, hidden at the center of some complicated maze. Actually, you are always enveloped in Peace, which is inherent in My Presence. As you look to Me, you gain awareness of this precious Peace.* 

The Gospel written in simple syllables.

When I read the first sentence, it hurt. I was just thinking about why something wasn't working out the way I planned it when it hit me--YOU PLANNED IT. It never works that way. 
I can fall on my face a million times before learning this lesson.

Wash your plate of anxieties and stress with Peace. Stillness. Faith.
In the Creator of the Heavens and Earth.

And stop trying to work it out.

What do you need to exchange with God for Peace? 


*From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.


No comments:

Post a Comment