15 August 2010

The Wait



My extended family has now transitioned from weddings and finding their significant others to now having babies. I don’t mind either. The weddings reunite families that don’t see each other except…well, at weddings. A couple little ones have been born already, but I’m a bit anxious for the one that will live a little closer.

In a couple of weeks (or days), I’ll have a precious cousin in Texas to dote on (and to send Baylor gear). Instead of visiting friends out of town, I plan on going to Houston and Oklahoma on the weekends and giving these two ladies all the attention I can possibly give. I’m so anxious—can you imagine the parents?!

I started thinking about all the other things I’m anxious for: the beginning of school, the end of school, graduation, my first (real) job…big, scary and wonderful things.

I think of Philippians 4:6.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Just hoping the peace that is above all will come on the above situations.

And for the baby, I’ll try to be as patient. The mother is the prime example of that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment