30 January 2012

And all this time I thought I was a Mary

Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister calledMary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.” -Luke 10:38-42, ESV


Out of love and excitement, I want to serve God in so many ways. I've been waiting for Him to call me to missions overseas and non-profit work but come up short. His affirmation and conviction in these areas are low compared to other calls I've heard before. It's been disappointing and concerning--doesn't God want his servant to do many things in his name? 


Of course, He knows me better than myself. 
Put on my heart in July, the girls fellowship (officially named GLOW) is underway. These girls have open hearts and ears, genuine prayers and a need for community of the same purpose. He's going to do big things through them. Though I'm ready to take on the next challenge, God is putting is hand to my heart in a way, telling me, "Nincy, Nincy, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Choose the good portion, it will not be taken away from you." 


Right now, my good portion is resting in God's love and blessings and discipling the girls in GLOW. 


What are the many things that are troubling you? What is God wanting you to choose instead? 

No comments:

Post a Comment