05 March 2012

For Big Mistakes: Part Deux


Keeping on the same subject I wrote about yesterday, I read something that has changed my view on "mistakes."

From Sarah Young's Jesus Calling
Make friends with the problems in your life. Though many things feel random and wrong, remember that I am sovereign over everything. I can fit everything into a pattern for good, but only to the extent that you trust me.
The best way to befriend your problems is to thank me for them. This simple act opens your mind to the possibility of benefits flowing from  your difficulties. You can even give persistent problems nicknames, helping you approach them with familiarity rather than dread. The next step is to introduce them to Me, enabling Me to embrace them in My loving Presence. I will not necessarily remove your problems, but my wisdom is sufficient to bring good out of every one of them. 
Friends! Here it is. We are in no need of a big eraser for our mistakes and problems.
Just in need of perspective and the ability to find joy and trust even in low and awful circumstances.


No comments:

Post a Comment