01 March 2012

Spill the beans.

I'm not sure when it began, but I've also felt the need to cover up my flaws and insecurities. 
When people try to describe me as sophisticated or put together, I silently think, "WHAT?" 
I am not any of those things. If you really knew me, you'd know I'm clumsy, and awkward situation-prone, obnoxious at times and far from poised. 

But the fact that this is little known is not their fault; it's mine.
I don't let the real me show. After all, impressions are everything. 

Earlier this week, I had dinner with a very best friend and felt convicted to tell her one of my biggest secrets. Sadly, she has been my friend for four years and I've covered it up the whole time. I was scared! Nervous. 
What if she doesn't like me anymore? What if she doesn't see me the same? 

She was surprised. "Nincy, you've got to open up about things like this!" 

Can you relate? 

I challenge you to be honest. With yourself and others. Confess your flaws and allow people in your life to really know you! No need to spill the beans all at once (unless you want to, then way to go!).

I don't want to be artificial. 
I keep my relationships few and I want them all to be real. Let them all know the one Nincy--funny and flawed. 

I'm spilling beans all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment