17 July 2012

Hey Jude/A Call to Persevere.

Some encouraging words from Jude.

But you must remember, beloved, the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. They said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.” It is these who cause divisions, worldly people, devoid of the Spirit. But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. And have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.

I was sorting out a wrinkled page when this passage popped out of me. I'm in the middle of thoughts about change, about committing to some things and backing out of others; figuring out the balance between things I need to do and want to do. It's not an easy thing, but I'm encouraged by my awareness of it and faith that all needs will be met.

Playing with design and words is a past time of mine but I don't showcase it on this blog as much as I would like. Someone who is inspired by design and scripture is Jill Davis. Jill doesn't know me personally but her husband was on staff at the church I went to in Waco. She's making the most of of her 27th year of life by supporting OneVerse and making the Ehty people's dream of smoothing out wrinkles in their own Bibles, in their own language.


Support her if you can and at least, enjoy her beautiful images.

No comments:

Post a Comment