24 July 2012

Get out of the corner.

The GMAT is done and I can finally get my nose out of those books.

I'll be honest: I didn't do so hot.
In fact, I was average.
Ordinary.

It didn't help that when I got home and told my dad my score, he replied, "I thought my daughter was smart!"

I did, too, Dad.

I put myself in the corner and "punished" myself for my performance (talk about dysfunction).



What was I punishing myself for? I worked hard, prepared, studied and did my best the day of. The test score doesn't define me. So why was I letting it get to me?

As humans, we yearn for something to tell us who we are, what are strengths are, where we belong.
If we're not careful, we end up putting ourselves in a corner that we don't deserve in the first place.

My chains are gone
I've been set free
                                                    My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

Walk away from the corner.


What do you put yourself in a corner for?



1 comment:

  1. Nincy! What you said is so powerful! We are the toughest on ourselves, and usually this is because we compare ourselves to a score or some type of standard. We must be our own friend; not enemy.

    This is deep my friend.

    ReplyDelete