29 July 2011

Stop blaming the President.

Unless you live under a rock, you know that the country is about to be halted from borrowing and spending any more money since we've reached our debt ceiling. After President Obama's speech, many responded by blaming the him for the crisis we are now in and have ~4 days to resolve.


I just have one thing to say: stop blaming the president. Stop reiterating about how you didn't vote for him in 2008 and you're not voting for him in 2012. The question is who did you vote for in 2010?

I myself only learned last year how limited his role is. We pay so much of our attention and efforts to electing our executive leader when in reality, society needs to be more concerned with who we place in the House and Senate.

Do you know who your representatives are? Do you know if they have the leadership skills and experience necessary to make and push policies you and I are willing to foot the check for?

This is the real problem and the reason why right now, we have a House [and Senate] that is so broken and polarized that they can't pass a bill to save us from another economic catastrophe.

I can't say that when I fill out my ballot I know without a doubt that the person I'm voting for has the qualifications to lead my district/state/country. But after watching this mess for the past week, I'm going to start caring now and you should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment