24 June 2011

Internal optimism.

I think an overwhelming majority would agree with me when I say that I am hopelessly optimistic (a romantic, too, but that is for another blog, another day). When people are open enough to share their struggles, complaints and insecurities, I subconsciously turn their situation upside down and try to share a positive perspective on the whole thing.

Now, my question is, is this comforting or annoying?

I'm guessing that the rays of sunshine that burst forth from my platinum smile and overly perky voice puts a damper on whatever raincloud they have over their heads. Because sometimes we want to be upset and whiny. I TOTALLY GET THAT. My friends can tell you that I gots to rant when I gots to rant.

If my positive and useless remarks rained on your rainy parade, I'm sorry. I'm going to try the more understanding, "dude, that sucks" attitude and see how that works.

I'll try to hide my sunshine, but no promises peeps.

(After rereading, I realize that this post sounds a bit sarcastic...oh well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment