23 June 2011

To pursue or not to pursue.

Ohhh, how this question beats my brain into soggy cereal mush to the point where I cannot think about anything else. (That's the point where I blog about it.)

I must be vague about this certain thing I want to pursue but shouldn't. I'm trying to sit here and not pursue but of course, that just means that I want pursue even MORE.

PLEASE, I'll give anything to be able to pursue!
Yet I must wait. Do y'all get me!?
So here I am, frustrated and impatient, wanting exactly what I can't have.

I've heard good things come to those who wait. I searched for the word "wait" in the Bible (ESV) and found it 132 times! FYI: Love shows up 632 times and faith 474 times-- in case you needed a scale.

As I glance through the mentions, I remember Ruth's story as Naomi told her to wait for Boaz, knowing that he would settle their family matters and marry her. There was Hannah who prayed for a son, promising to dedicated him to the Lord and was assured by Elkanah to wait, she would know the right time to send Samuel away. Then, there's Job.

Oh, Job. He waited and waited and waited and things definitely got worse for him before it got better.

If these people waited and received what they needed from the Lord, then surely we can as well.

Lead me in your truth and teach me,for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the (darn) day long.
-Psalm 25:5

No comments:

Post a Comment