29 June 2011

Full of it.

I just ate dinner and it's 11:00 at night. It's the only time I had to eat so I did. My belly will burst if I even attempt to lay on my bed and/or I will start feeling that horrible acid eroding my esophagus (darn you acid reflux and WebMD) so instead I'm writing.

Tonight was bible study night which means I'm full of the Word and epiphanies...there are just many truths running through my head right now. Truths that I don't want to forget and I want to be able to reflect on when life is much more difficult and challenging than it is right now.

Both of the above types of "full" are good. But what about when you're full of...pride? Selfishness? Anger? Bitterness? Lord knows I've felt all of these, probably once or twice just today. ;)
Our emotions come from God and that's not something we need to detach ourselves from. Instead, think about how full you are of that emotion.

Does it make you feel heavy? Does it creep up like stomach acid in your throat? Is it like garlic where the taste just doesn't go away?

Solutions? Chew a piece of gum. Cleanse your heart of that emotion. Forgive the person who wronged you. Forgive yourself. Turn to the Word and He will cleanse your palate.

Wash it out. Confess your sin/your emotions to someone else who can hold you accountable and give you advice if necessary.

Don't eat it again. If you know that something you eat gives you heartburn, you avoid it. The same goes for the sin/person/thing that causes your heart to burn in the wrong way.

Well, this was cheesy enough. I'll leave this stuff to Beth Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment